Tuesday 23 September 2008

Burn After Reading Trailer



The new Coen Brothers film trailer was shown when I last went to the cinema. I loved the trailer but strangely not so much for the film content but the use of the bold typeface in it. The version above is the International Trailer which I saw and uses the very bold typeface. Below is an American version of the trailer I found on youtube that uses a completely different approach. I thought this was strange to market a film trailer in two different ways. If I'm honest I prefer the International one with strong copy, white on black that just says all it needs to say, the actor's surnames, directors and the title.

If anything this style means you can watch the clips of the films but all the information in the bold type really sticks in your head. I just wonder whether it will be a hit or whether the hype of such a strong cast will drag it down.

No comments: