Thursday 25 September 2008

Salts Mill, Saltaire

http://www.saltsmill.org.uk/

While in Saltaire last weekend I made sure to take a look inside Salts Mill. The Mill contains shops, galleries and a cafe for you to take time out and appreciate the art and design inside. The main attraction of the Mill is the work of David Hockney on display but there are other artists work on display and it's an enjoyable day out. There is also a fantastic shop where you can pick up any different art and design books.

Having just searched for the website I thought the design was pretty good, I liked the panoramic images of the mill but I found it hard to navigate and find out about what the mill has to offer. If I hadn't have been then I would have found it rather difficult to understand.

2 comments:

dannyboy said...

Thanks for the tip Anthony, I'd forgotton about Salts Mill (the last time I went was on a school trip!) I think I'll defenetaly have to visit it again!

Beccie Deighton said...

I have been meaning to go here for months... even if it's just for the bookshop - I hear that's amazing?? I love converted buildings anyway, but for this sort of purpose I think it gives a totally new atmosphere to the exhibition space. I really must go!